Thursday 28 July 2016

Growing Like a Chinese Bamboo Tree


This year like last, I chose to have a word define my year; that word was 'Growth'. 

Very much inspired by the story of the Chinese Bamboo Tree, when ever I find myself getting off path I like to re-read the story. I constantly remind myself that even when it looks like nothing is happening I am growing and one day I will wake up and things will have changed.

Oyindamola Fakeye
Founder Sound Mind Africa

How Does A Chinese Bamboo Tree Grow?





Chinese Bamboo Tree
You take a little seed, plant it, water it, and fertilize it for a whole year, and nothing happens.
The second year you water it and fertilize it, and nothing happens. The third year you water it and fertilize it, and nothing happens. How discouraging this becomes! The fifth year you continue to water and fertilize the seed and then---take note. Sometime during the fifth year, the Chinese bamboo tree sprouts and grows NINETY FEET IN SIX WEEKS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment